There are different ways and methods to load data into Qlikview. Explained below with examples and uses of methods of loading data into qlikview.
- Loading data from the file.
- Inline Load
- Resident Load
- Incremental Load
- Binary Load
- Add Load
- Buffer Load
- ۱. Loading Data from File:
- This method is normal method of loading data into the Qlikview application.
- Load data from files like Excel,MSDB,CSV,Txt files etc., can be done by creating ODBC and connecting to your database directly.
LOAD A, B
[C:\filename.xls] (biff, embedded labels, table is Data$);
- ۲. Inline Load:
- The second method of loading is Inline Load where the user can define their own data and load within Qlikview.
- The Inline data can be defined in the inline Data Wizard .
InsertàLoad Dataà Inline Data.
LOAD * INLINE [
- ۳. Resident Load:
- Loading data from already loaded Qlikview table is possible using Resident Load.
- Transformations and Calculations can be performed in the resident load script.
- Loading a existing field or a succeeding table is possible too.
Salary + Incentives as ‘GrossSalary’
- ۴. Incremental Load:
- Incremental load is used to load only the new or changed records.
- It will be very helpfull where a database is big.
- This involves loading old data from the QVD and new records from the database and combine into single QVD.
SQL SELECT PrimaryKey, X, Y FROM DB_TABLE
WHERE ModificationTime >= #$(LastExecTime)#
AND ModificationTime < #$(BeginningThisExecTime)#;
Concatenate LOAD PrimaryKey, X, Y FROM File.QVD;
STORE QV_Table INTO File.QVD;
- ۵. Binary Load:
Loading data from one qlikview file is called Binary Loading. The data model of one QVW file is copied from RAM to disk in 0s and 1s for another qvw file.
This Binary Load will be more usefull when you want to enhance the already built qvw with the same metrices defined.
- ۶. Add Load:
Add Load is used to append or concatenate the data from one table to other table. During a partial reload the QlikView table, for which a table name is generated by the add load/add select statement (provided such a table exists), will be appended with the result of the add load/add select statement.
Since it wont check for duplicates, it is required us suitable where condition in the script.
LOAD ENO, ENAME from Employees.csv;
ADD LOAD ENO, ENAME from Employees1.csv Where Not Exists(ENO);
- ۷. Buffer Load:
Buffer load helps to create the QVD files automatically. The created QVD will be maintained as defined in User Preferencesà Locations.
Example: Buffer select * from Employees.csv;